The reason our indoor air is such a problem today is we have become so energy efficient. Our homes are sealed up tight – saving us on energy, but creating an environment of indoor pollution. Now, we all know how dangerous polluted outdoor can be but according to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) indoor air is 2 to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air! And nowadays we spend about 90% of our time in these sealed up tight homes – trapped with all that indoor air.
Here are just a couple of ugly facts about indoor air pollution:
- Pollutants indoors are 1000 times more likely to reach your lungs than pollutants outdoors.
- Many homes have 25 to 100 times more pollutants in them than polluted outdoor air.
- Today we spend 90% of our time indoors.
- The bad effects on our health can range from mild irritations to our eyes and throat…to lifelong allergies, asthma, even cancers.
- Biological pollutants, including molds, bacteria, viruses, pollen, dust mites, and animal dander promote poor indoor air quality.
Why all this information from your carpet cleaner? According to the American Lung Association: “Carpet can act as a ‘sink’ for chemical and biological pollutants.” I’ve been comparing carpet to a “filter” that gets full and needs to be cleaned for years…but I like how the American Lung Association compares it to a “sink”. Is your “sink” full? If it’s been 6-12 months since you had your carpets professionally cleaned then the answer is “Yes!”
Our Brilliant Services Specialists are more than happy to answer any of your carpet care questions! Call Brilliant Services at 205-617-6330 for a FREE Inspection for your cleaning needs. Brilliant Services offers all of these great services:
•Stone Repair/ Polishing
•Area Rug Cleaning
•Tile and Grout Cleaning
•Pet Stains and Odors
•Permanent Grout Color Sealing
•Carpet and Upholstery Protectors
•Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Options